Searching For An Auditor
As of now, auditors are selected on a word-of-mouth/reputation basis. We think it is suboptimal as audits are technical products, so projects should select auditors according to technical criteria.
We calculate objective/relevant/verifiable metrics for auditors based on their previous audits, thanks to on-chain data.
Some examples of the metrics we display:
- Specialized in Avalanche Defi
- Audits projects with 1 million holders on average
- Audits projects with 10 million TVL on average
Metrics allow you to pick an auditor according to your own needs and expectations instead of randomly messaging auditors you've heard of.
This system helps the whole ecosystem as lots of auditors are getting spammed and decline many requests that they feel aren't adapted to their skill set.
Having your audits on-chain increases trust between your team and your community. Since audits on-chain cannot be falsified and are unique and verifiable by anyone in a more open/transparent way, your users don't have to worry anymore regarding the origin of your audit. They can check everything related to your audit, including the auditor.
Moreover, Trustblock is a relay for several platforms to know if a contract is audited. Dexes, Presales, Charts, Analytics are using Trustblock's system to fetch a contract's audit. This means that having it on our system increases your visibility and allows your project to be trustable by people that didn't hear about you yet.
- Dexes can use our system to display audits for swapped tokens, avoiding their users doing fastidious and hard research.
- Since our audits are on-chain, they can also be used directly inside smart contracts, and enable a controlled permissionless flow.
Our network of platforms will display your audits every time their users will deal with one of your contracts. You can now add your audit to your website using our widget.